Genotrack: A comprehensive, cross-platform database solution for animal tracking, breeding,
research, management and reporting.
Designed in close consultation with animal facilities and research institutions, Genotrack
the latest technologies to provide a customisable, flexible solution for your animal management and
Genotrack handles breeding and colony management, genotype and phenotype tracking through experimentation and
analysis to reporting and compliance. Our generic, scalable approach means we can cater for animals of
sizes and species, to help you implement a standarised approach to Strain, Colony, Mating, Litter and Animal
management. Integrated barcode support improves the speed and accuracy of your data recording and workflows,
while our new researcher module puts your scientists in control of their animals.
We help you keep track of the details so you can focus on your animals.
- Streamlined workflows – Centralise your information, communication and documentation.
efficient recording and less redundancy means more time for your animals.
- Better accuracy – Customisable default values, data validation and integrity checking
your data is right the first time, so you spend less time “cleaning up” your data for reporting.
- Reporting – Real time reporting and statistics calculated from your data means less
compiling, creating and distributing reports. More detailed, accurate and accessible reporting leads to
better information transfer to researchers, ethics committees and regulatory bodies, which potentially
helps you to reduce the number of animals used.
- Flexible – Genotrack works alongside your existing systems. Setup and personalise the
system to suit
your facility and your workflows. We don’t try to replace or duplicate your existing tools and
but to work with them (and you!) to make your life easier.
- Secure – Configurable individual and group based access controls give you control over
what. Automated data backup means no more single point of failure for your critical data in a paperbased
system. We will work with your IT team to ensure your data is backed up, so you’re protected..
- Supported – Need a new report? Let us know. If Genotrack doesn’t do something you need,
tell us –
we love a challenge! We work with you to enhance and adapt the system to meet your needs.
- Strain Management – Record species, names, references, pseudonyms, types, alleles,
phenotypes, GM Status, background, characteristics, construction, maintenance information, screening
literature references, distribution and crossing restrictions and more.
- Colony Management - Track all the relevant contacts and data associated with a colony.
Set default values to aid compliance and save time when adding animals to a colony. Specify default
homozygous colonies. Define the criteria used to determine breeder and weaning selection. Set the age
at which animals need to be genotyped, weaned or reviewed, then automatically generate daily task
lists based on these criteria. Approval tracking for production methods and management information
ensures that you’re working with the most up-to-date parameters and protocols.
- Detailed animal recording – Record details of procedures and events, observations,
genotypes, phenotypes, score sheets, care reports, analysis, notes and more. Multiple reference and
allow cross-referencing between systems. Link photos, movies, results or other documents to animals.
These factors and more combine automatically to create a detailed history of every individual animal.
- Genotyping & Phenotyping – Set and enforce your own standards for genotype and
phenotype expression based on strain or line. Specify defaults for simpler, faster and more accurate
- Care Reports and Adverse Events – Create care reports for adverse events, experimental
protocols or treatments. Automatically notify your nominated vet or other contact of “high risk” events.
- Scoring – Create your own signs and combine them into score sheets for a simple,
flexible and powerful way of monitoring the treatment or welfare of an animal.
- Task Management – Assign tasks and track progress on the tasks you’ve requested. Get
automatic email notification on task completion to make sure you’re in the loop.
- Project Management – Record project information, researcher information, and approved
animal totals by strain, sex and age. Real-time reporting on animal use means you and your researchers
know how many of the approved animals have been used, and how many remain available.
- SOPs – Link your SOPs to colonies or projects, allowing staff to quickly check approved
- Mating management – Built-in support for various mating types and protocols.
Participants are tracked as they’re rotated through the mating. Label matings with your own identifiers,
and litters from those matings are labeled automatically for easier referencing.
- Litter tracking – Record birth and weaning details. Track deaths, discards, culls and
animals used prior to weaning. Automatically create linked individual offspring records for surviving
- Generation Numbers – calculated automatically based on the parents and type of mating.
- Animal Numbers – number animals sequentially within a colony or within a labeled
- Detailed stocktake and census reports – Know how many animals you have, where they are
and what they’re doing. Optimise production and reduce animal use through better tracking of stock
levels and production rates for breeding animals and colonies.
- Cost Recovery – Record agistment, procedural, medical and transport expenses at the
animal or procedure levels to help generate price-per-animal or price-per-box costings.
- Cost centre support – Enter and assign your cost codes and sub-codes to aid integration
with your central billing and/or accounting systems.
- Customisable Locations and Housing – Genotrack’s virtual location structure lets
represent your facility structure using your building/floor/room/rack names for complete and flexible
control over where animals are can be housed.
- Automated Housing – Location can be automatically recorded when matings are setup, when
are recorded and when weaned, or when animals are imported.
- Compliance – Generate detailed reports and returns for ethics committees or other
- OGTR Dealings – Track your dealings with the OGTR. Associate dealings with a project
then link dealings to animals based on which project the animals are on.
- Barcoding – Print cards with barcodes and biohazard symbols (if applicable) without the
need for a special barcode printer. Scan the barcode on the card to jump straight to the animal, mating,
litter or housing unit you’re working with.
G2 Coming soon...
The next generation release of Genotrack will include some of the most requested features from
- Researcher View – A dedicated view for your research staff. Group experimental animals
project and allocation, rather than colony or breeding group. Assign animals to cohort groups within a
project. Researchers can have full access to their animals, and can record culls, genotypes, ethics,
procedural and general information without impacting other animals, even in shared colonies.
- Drag-and-Drop housing – Relocate boxes and/or animals by dragging between locations in
our new virtual housing layouts.
- Web-based – access the software anywhere, anytime. No more installation issues.
- iPad and Tablet version – access the most commonly used features on tablet for
convenience and mobility within your facility
- User customizable layouts – switch grid columns on or off so you see what you want to
More features are being added all the time - if there's a feature you'd like to see included in
the product, please contact us.